Partin Elementary is a Bully Free Zone!
Bullying/Harassment is an unwanted and repeated written, verbal or physical behavior that is severe or pervasive enough to:
- create an intimidating, hostile, or offensive educational environment
- cause discomfort or humiliation
- unreasonably interfere with the individual’s school performance or participation
Bullying Prevention Brochure for Students and Parents
- Confidential Phone Number: 800-226-7733
- Report Bullying Online Anonymously
Student Strategies for Bullying
If Someone Else is Being Bullied
- Refuse to join in if you see someone being bullied. Try to resist pressure to join in.
- Attempt to defuse bullying situations when you see them starting up. Try to draw attention away from the targeted person; however, never place yourself at risk.
- If you can do so without risk to your own safety, get a teacher, parent, or other responsible adult to come help immediately.
- Speak up and/or offer support to bullied peers when you witness bullying. If you cannot do this at the time, privately support those being hurt with words of kindness or condolence later.
- Encourage the bullied peer to talk with parents or a trusted adult.
- http://www.teengrowth.com/index.cfm?action=infoarticle&Idarticle=1362& category=school&catdesc=school&subdesc=social